Hey guys. Just a few questions about streaming on mid range pc.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by PanzerLazer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. PanzerLazer

PanzerLazer New Member

So i have AMD athlon II x4 740 3.2ghz Quad Core CPU. I game natively on 1080p, but most of the time on low settings because my GPU ( radeon hd 7770 1gb ) is weak ish(for example FPS drops to 10 on D3 public rifts, every setting on LOW). I'd like to know if there would be any tips on reducing load on my CPU while streaming. I've already tried downscaling resolution to 720p with lowest possible setting set on OBS, but i still get that impact. Either my CPU is just not cut for streaming, or am i missing some,possibly, "hidden" settings to tweak.
    Would love to hear from software GURUS :) towW
  2. AwerageGuy

AwerageGuy New Member

That cpu is really not for streaming. And getting everything at low and dropping fps just to stream will take away fun from you because of low fps and will be shit quality for viewers. But diablo3 IIRC is cpu dependent game. I think you could manage to stream hearthstone or some pixel style games tho.
  3. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

If you're good at Hearthstone, you can definitely build a decent audience playing it. Also keep an eye out for pixel art games like Kingdom or Knights of Pen & Paper 2 that both just released.

There's gotta be a sizeable market for indie games that don't take a very powerful PC to run. PLENTY of people don't have beefy games and pixel art games are getting huge nowadays.
  4. Razkek

Razkek New Member

I used to stream on a laptop that was pretty awful. Might as well have been a damn potato... I also am cursed with 1 meg upload/15 megs download internet... Needless to say, I've spent quite a bit of time messing with settings to optimize for older computers and less than sufficient bandwidth. The type of games you stream plays a huge part on this, as your CPU and GPU likely will not be able to withstand many of the current, mainstream computer games.

I always reference this youtube video when trying to optimize my settings with my given situation. It is a great starting point when trying to tweak your own settings!

I know how discouraging it can be to try and stream with sub-par technology... I really want to stream World of Warcraft and H1Z1, but I'm not quite there yet. Instead of not streaming at all, try to work with what you got! I'm finding that streaming mobile games on my computer is ideal for my given technological restraints. It does not use a lot of GPU power and can be easily streamed in 720p with 1 meg upload speeds. You can download an app/program called Bluestacks which lets you play any android based mobile game on your computer (using your keyboard and mouse). I use it to stream Bloons TD Battles and Clash of Clans. You can put this into OBS for a seamless integration into your stream!

Good luck!